Dosa is an Indian crepe made from rice and lentils.Dosa is a staple food in South India.Here i have given a collections of Dosa and adai varieties which are very authentic and distinct.Each and every Dosa is so unique with its taste, flavour,color, and texture.
- Keep seperate tawa to make dosa's and seperate one for chapathi's.
- When you feel tawa is hot, drizzle some water, if it makes shhh! sound, which is an indication that tawa is hot,then spread the dosa, and drizzle some oil.
- Maintain the temperature of tawa, if tawa is too hot you won't get dosa's,if so drizzle some water over the tawa, and wipe with cloth to reduce the temperature.
- if the temperature is low, you wont get crispy dosa's, so maintain the flame while making dosa's.
- If dosa's are sticky to tawa, apply 2 tsp of oil on tawa, then rub brinjal or onion over it, then make dosa's.
- If you feel the consistency of dosa batter is little watery, add some rice flour, and mix well, to get right consistency of batter.
- Do not scrub the dosa tawa with scrubber, Gently use soap water to wash the tawa.
- if you feel tawa is more oily, then sprinkle some rice flour, over the tawa, then wipe it with cloth or kitchen towel,oil comes out clean.
For side dish for dosa/idli visit:Side dish for idli/dosa
For rice left overs visit: Recipes with rice left overs