Dosa is an Indian crepe made from rice and lentils.Dosa is a staple food in South India.Here i have given a collections of south Indian dosa Recipes & adai Recipes, which are very authentic and distinct.Each and every Dosa is so unique with its taste, flavour,color, and texture.
- Keep seperate tawa to make dosa's and seperate one for chapathi's.
- When you feel tawa is hot, drizzle some water, if it makes shhh! sound, which is an indication that tawa is hot,then spread the dosa, and drizzle some oil.
- Maintain the temperature of tawa, if tawa is too hot you won't get dosa's,if so drizzle some water over the tawa, and wipe with cloth to reduce the temperature.
- if the temperature is low, you wont get crispy dosa's, so maintain the flame while making dosa's.
- If dosa's are sticky to tawa, apply 2 tsp of oil on tawa, then rub brinjal or onion over it, then make dosa's.
- If you feel the consistency of dosa batter is little watery, add some rice flour, and mix well, to get right consistency of batter.
- Do not scrub the dosa tawa with scrubber, Gently use soap water to wash the tawa.
- if you feel tawa is more oily, then sprinkle some rice flour, over the tawa, then wipe it with cloth or kitchen towel,oil comes out clean.
For idli varieties please click 10 idli varieties.