Majjiga pulusu is made with Sour curd and Vegetables.This recipe is a south Indian butter milk Stew. This stew can be made with Raw Banana,carrot, beans, ash gourd,Drumstick,brinjal,chow chow,yam,pumpkin.This recipe is also called moru kootan in Kerala.It goes very well with Potato fry.I made this stew with Chow Chow(chayote). Health benefit of chow is includes 1. it is good for heart.2.helps prevent cance. 3. Helps the body produce the energy 4. keep thyroid healthy 5.prevent bone loss 6.reduces blood pressure. 6.good for brain. health benefits of curd includes Helps to improve the digestive system.Helps to strengthen the immune system.Helps to cope with stomach problems.Now we learn how to make Majjiga pulusu.
Sour Curd - 3/4 cup.
Majjiga pulusu - More kuzhambu - Andra Kadhi - Butter Milk Sambar By Gayathri, Nov 18, 2013 Majjiga Pulusu
Veggies of your choice
salt - to taste.
turmeric - genereous pinch.
coconut oil - 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
curry leaves - few.
Red chillies - 1.
hing - generous pinch.
To Saute and Grind
Toor dal - 1 tsp.
coriander seeds - 3/4 tsp.
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
green chillies - 3.
coconut - 1/4 cup.
- Dry roast toor dal,coriander seeds,cumin seeds, when it lightly turns golden brown colour add green chillies, saute for few seconds finally add coconut saute for few seconds then Grind everything into a fine paste with little water.
- Whisk the curd with beater to smooth consistency.
- Take a kadai, add veggies of your choice, with turmeric and water.
- When veggies are cooked, add ground paste.
- When it boiled once, keep the flame to low, add curd.
- when curd is hot, switch off the flame.It should not boil.
- Temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves,hing,Red chilly.
- Finally add 1 tsp of coconut oil.