Fried Gram halwa, is an Authentic Vysyas Recipe, made with fried Gram, Rice , Coconut & Jaggery as Ingredients.I am a big fan of this Halwa. I learnt this halwa from my Grand Mother. Fried Gram when blended with Jaggery,Rice & Coconut tastes yumm.Even the beginners can try this Recipe.
Fried Gram(Putnala Pappu) - 1 cup.
raw rice - 1/4 cup.
coconut - 1/4 cup.(Grated)
Jaggery - 3/4 cup.
Ghee - 2 tbsp.
Soak the raw rice for 2 hours.
- Grind soaked raw rice,fried Gram,coconut into a fine paste with needed water.Let the consistency be Moderate. if it is thick, it won't get cooked inside, if it is too watery it takes more time to cook.
- Heat the Ghee in a kadai, add the ground paste.
- Add the Grated jaggery, Mix well.
- stir continuously, until it leaves the sides of kadai.
- Transfer the halwa to the plate & level it.
- when it is little bit warm, draw lines into desired shape & serve.