I have compiled and listed out collection of healthy curries(palya) from my blog.Most of the curries are very easy and quick curries, goes very with rice, chapathi and roti's. Many curries are made with two veggies, which are very healthy and also used as stuffing in sandwitches, rice and chapathi's.
- Cut the veggies into thinner slices for faster cooking.
- Most of the veggies can be cooked by covering the lid of Pan.
- After adding sliced veggies,add some salt,mix well. cook the veggies in high flame for 2 minutes, then sim the flame, and cook it covered. salt, will oozes water, so veggies will gets cooked easily with that water.stir in between by opening the lid.
- After veggies are cooked, u can open the lid, and saute in moderate flame for few minutes, till the moisture in stir fry goes off.
- Instead of adding water to cook veggies, if you follow the above method, taste of stir fry will be good.
- Adding coriander Powder, cumin powder for veggies like potatoes,capsicum, ivy gourd (dondakaya),baby potatoes, enhances the flavour of stir fry. if you are adding coriander powder 1 tsp, it is enough to add 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- Adding Amchoor Powder gives Tangy taste to curries.
- Afer cutting brinjals, or potato or raw plantain, put the veggies in water, till usage to avoid discoloration.
- Koora Podi Koora: Made with veggies like beans & yard long beans(barbati).