Paneer Tikka Masala is a Popular North Indian Gravy, made with Marinated & Grilled Paneer. It tastes divine with Chapathi,Roti,Poori,Phulka's,Fried Rice & Jeera Rice.It is one of the classic gravy for Paneer lovers. I tried to grill tikka's on stove top.It came out well. Even if you don't have oven, you can easily char the Paneer & veggies on tawa.So I wanted to share with you.
- Now heat the kadai, add Onions, Ginger garlic Paste,cashews. Saute till onions turns Golden brown colour.
- Add tomatoes, add chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric Powder, Garam Masala & salt. Saute till tomatoes turns Mushy.
- Then grind everything into a smooth paste adding little water.keep aside.
- Now, heat the tawa, add 1 tsp of oil, arrange the Paneer & toast on both sides, till marination dries up & it turns Golden. it takes 2 - 3 minutes to cook, else if you cook for more time Paneer turns rubbery.
- Now remove the Paneer, in same tawa, add the cubed veggies & cook till it is chared, as shown in the Picture. veggies should maintain its crispness.
- Heat the kadai, add butter & oil, then add fennel seeds.when you get Good aroma of fennel seeds, add Ground paste, dilute it with needed water.
- When water starts boiling add grilled Paneer & veggies. Then rub kasthoori methi against your palms & add it.Mix well.
- Let it cook in a Medium low flame for 2 - 3 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Then add fresh cream,mix it.Let it cook for 1 minutes. Then finally Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- if hung curd is sour, adjust the lemon juice according to tanginess.
- I used Green capscium, you can use yellow,red or orange capsicum for nice colours.
- Toast paneer seperately & veggies seperately for even cooking.
- Don't over toast the Paneer, else it turns rubbery.
- you can also use oven to toast veggies & paneer.
- For low fat option, you can replace fresh cream with 1/4 cup of Milk ,if so cook for 2 minutes.