Gutti Vankaya kura is an authentic Andhra Recipe made with small purple tender brinjal's stuffed and cooked with some spices.it is a semi solid curry. This stuffed brinjal curry Goes well with hot rice, roti and chapathi's.Brinjal's reduces the chance of cardiovascular diseases and strokes.The eggplant has good amounts of vitamin C which make it an effective anti-viral and anti- bacterial source.The water content found in eggplants help keep your skin soft and supple.A particular antioxidant found in eggplant helps prevent skin cancer.Already i have posted Vankaya Nuvvula Masala,(brinjal's in sesame sauce) which is a variant of Gutti Vankaya kura. Now we learn to make healthy tasty traditional Gutti vankaya kura.
Tender purple small Brinjals - 10
oil - 1 tbsp.
salt - to taste.
Pearl onions - 10.
Garlic - 2.
Tamarind - small piece
To Dry Roast
Chanadal - 1 tsp.
urad dal - 1 tsp.
Toor dal - 1 tsp.
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp.
Red chillies - 8.
Fenugreek - 1/4 tsp.
- Put plus sign in each brinjal and place in a bowl of water to avoid discoloration.
- Dry Roast everything mentioned in dry Roast column in a medium flame, till dals turns Golden brown colour, then remove it from kadai and keep it aside.
- In same kadai add onions, garlic and tamarind saute till onions turns golden brown colour.
- Then Grind everything into a thick paste, with little water and needed salt.
- Now brinjals & stuffing is ready. Stuffing Requires Patience.Gently fill the brinjal's with stuffing.Take care it should not break.
- Add oil to kadai, when oil is hot, Gently place the brinjals, and keep the flame to medium low.
- Cook it covered and saute now and then,till brinjals are soft.it takes (nearly 15- 18 minutes to cook brinjals.)
- When brinjals are soft add remaining stuffing masala and add half cup of water.adjust salt.
- Saute now and then, till raw smell of stuffing goes and it becomes a thick gravy.
- Vankaya Gasagasala Kura(Andhra Style)