Neer Dosa is a popular Dosa variety in Kannada Cuisine made with coconut and rice. Neer means water, this dosa will be in water consistency and it is called Neer Dosa.Dosa will be soft at the centre and very crisp at the edges. Its called as poo-pole in beary language, and thellin dose in Kundapura Kannada (wikipedia).Aroma of this dosa,pulls you to eat .We learn coconut dosa with stepwise pictures.
Coconut is good for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals.Researches have suggested that coconut helps in reducing the viral load of HIV.The organic iodine content of coconut helps in preventing simple goiter (enlarged non-toxic thyroid). Now we learn to make simple Neer dosa.
- Grind raw rice,grated coconut and salt together with needed water.
- The batter should be like rava dosa(like butter milk).stir well.Make it thin consistency.[if consistency of batter is thick,dilute with needed water].
- As shown in the picture,first fill the outer layer, then fill the inner one, then drizzle some oil, once cooked, flip the dosa, remove from the tawa when both the sides are cooked.
- Fermentation is not necessary, once you make the batter you can prepare the dosa.
- It serves well with all types of chutney's visit:Side dish for idli,dosa
- Using this dosa you can prepare delicious Dosa upma
|Coconut Dosa/Kobbari dosa|