This is a healthy & Easy South Indian stir fry can be made using any type of Greens. It Goes well with SambarRice,Rasam Rice & Roti's.Amarnath leaves are packed with high dietary fiber, so it keep you full longer. Amarnath leaves boost the body's immune system.Amaranth leaves contain a wide range of minerals, including a high concentration of calcium. There are very few leafy vegetables that contain a higher level of calcium, making amaranth a superfood in terms of boosting bone strength.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add chanadal,urad dal,Garlic,Green chillies,Red chillies & curry leaves.
- When dal's turns golden brown colour, add Onions.
- Saute till onions turns transparent.
- Then add Greens & needed salt.
- Stir for few minutes, Greens shrinks & it oozes water, so it gets cooked by itself.(if needed drizzle some water). Cook in medium low flame.
- saute now & then, till it is completely cooked.
- Finally add Grated coconut & give a quick mix.
- I used Thotakura to make the stir fry, you can replace it with any Greens.
- I used pearl onions, which gives some taste. you replace it with big onions also.
- Adding both Green chillies & Red chillies gives spiciness to curry.
- While Cooking Greens,don't close the lid, cook it open because volatile acid needs to escape.Greens cooks faster with open lid itself.