Sweet Green Gram Sundal is made with Green Gram, Jaggery and coconut. Green Gram with jaggery and coconut, gives some distinct taste. Already i have posted, lots of Savoury Version Sundal, so i planned to post Sweet Version.Green Gram is rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E and also in many minerals including iron, calcium, and potassium. It is considered a healthy weight loss food as it is a low fat food rich in proteins and fibre. It curbs cravings and keep us full for a long time. It detoxifies the body and benefits the metabolism as well as immune system.It helps to lower the high cholesterol level in the blood system. Regular intake of Green Moong reduces bad cholesterol and improves the flexibility of arteries and veins. It also regulates the blood pressure.
- Wash the Green gram and add 1+ 1/2 cup of water, and pressure cook it for 7 - 8 whistles till it is soft.
- Melt the jaggery, in a kadai, and filter it to remove impurities.
- Heat the kadai, add Green gram, melted jaggery, pinch of salt, saute till the moisture in it goes off.
- Then add grated coconut and mix well for 1 - 2 minutes, till everything combines.Now sweet sundal is ready to serve.
- Instead of jaggery syrup, you could also use powdered jaggery, if jaggery is free from impurities.
- if using powdered jaggery, kadai, is not needed, just mix cooked Green gram, jaggery, salt and coconut together, in a mixing bowl.