Little millet adai is a healthy breakfast recipe made with little millet,toordal,and some spices. I have added drumstick leaves also,which gives extra nutrients too.In india Moraiyo,Kutki, Shavan are some of the names in Hindi for little millet. In Bengali it is called as Sama. In Tamil it is called Samai. In Gujarati Gajro, kuri. In Telugu, it is called as Samalu. In Marathi it is called as Sava, Halvi, vari. In oriya it is called as Suan.Samai suitable for all ages.Good for diabetic patients. Sperm count of men will be improved. Millet contains good quantity of soluble fibers which helps to lower both glucose and cholesterol and hence maintain overall health. Believe me, taste of this adai will be Good.Now we learn to make healthy adai.
Soak the little millets and toor dal together for minimum 1 hr.
- Grind everything, given in a to grind column to a little course batter with needed water and salt.
- Consistency should be moderate.
- Add mustard seeds in oil, when it splutters add it to batter.
- Add drumstick leaves before making adai.
- Heat the tawa, when it is hot, just spread the adai, in a circular motion.
- Drizzle some oil, cover with lid.
- When it is cooked, flip the dosa, remove from tawa, when both sides are cooked.
- Adding drumstick leaves are optional.
- Adding mustard seeds gives extra taste to adai.
- After you flip the adai, lid is not necessary to cover adai.
- I used little Millets, you could use saamai,thinai or varagu arisi.