Wheat Rava Adai is made with Cracked Wheat dals & some spices.Wheat and Dals are staple food in India. Wheat is a nutritious food containing Protein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Iron and very less amount of fat.Dal's are packed with protein & fiber.Dals also has several benefits including the fact that it is nutritious, tasty, and adds a perfect accompaniment to most of the food.Now we can prepare healthy and nutritious Wheat Rava adai.
- To the soaked Cracked wheat , add all other ingredients, given in ingredients column, and grind it little coarsely.[It is not necessary to soak the dal's, just wash and add dals as such which gives additional taste to adai] .
- Now the consistency be little thinner than idli dosa batter consistency.
- To the batter add tempered mustard seeds, curry leaves & chopped onions mix well.
- Take a ladle of batter on tawa and spread the batter, as we prepare normal adai dosa.drizzle some oil, when it cooked on one side, flip the adai.When both sides are cooked remove it from tawa & serve hot.
- you can add Grated carrots & finely chopped cabbage to the batter.
- It is not necessary to soak the dal's, just wash and add dals as such while grinding, which gives additional taste to adai.
- Instead of onions, you can add chopped Green onions also to the batter.
- you can add 1/2 inch Ginger while adding.
- you have have adai with Ghee,butter or curd.