Wheat flour - 2 cup.
salt - as required [ 1/2 tsp].
Peanuts and roasted chana dal(chatni dal) powder together - 1/2 cup. [Should be ground coarse].
chilli powder - 1+1/2 tsp.
water - as required.
Make peanuts and roasted chana dal into a coarse powder in a blender or mixie.
- In a Mixing bowl add wheat flour, peanut and roasted chana dal powder,chilli powder, and salt, mix well, add needed water, and knead well in the form of chapathi dough consistency.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make the lemon size balls.
- Take 2 zip lock covers, grease with little oil, then place lemon sized dough, and press it.Then again flatten it with finger tips, as thin as possible to get thinner thattai's.
- This is one method of preparation, or Grease a zip lock bag or plastic sheet, place a ball of dough and flatten it as thinly as possible with your finger tips. This will give you crispy thattais.
- Take the thick kadai, heat the oil, when it is hot deep fry the thattai's, until it turns crisp and golden brown as shown in the picture.cook it in a medium flame.
- Place it in a absorbent paper,till oil is absorbed.
- Then finally place it in a air tight container.This is a perfect snack for diwali.