Kandi Pachadi is an Popular Andhra Recipe, Goes well with Hot Rice and Dollop of Ghee.Kandi Pachadi is made with Toor dal and some spices. Toor dal is rich in protein. Apart from protein and fibre, it contains folic acid which helps prevent anaemia and is also important for pregnant women as it is essential for foetal development and can help prevent neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.It is low in calories so is good for people who are on weight loss diets.Now we learn to make healthy and tasty Kandi Pachadi.
- In a Kadai,dry Roast Toor dal,Pepper corns and Red chillies till it turns light golden brown colour, and also you get good aroma of dhal's.
- Now switch off the flame, add garlic and coconut saute for 1 minute,it gets cooked little bit, in a heat of kadai.
- When it cools down, grind into a little coarse paste with little water and needed salt.
- Now heat the oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters add urad dal and curry leaves,when urad dal turns golden brown colour, add it over pachadi.Now Kandi Pachadi is ready to serve.
- Add water little by little to make the Pachadi.
- Let the pachadi be little coarse, so it tastes good to mix with rice.
- It also goes well with Rasam(chaaru).
- If you don't like garlic,just ignore it.