Wish you all the happy and Prosperous Newyear 2015.Planned to start this New year with authentic Sweet Recipe Semiya kesari. Semiya Kesari is a Simple, Easy and quick sweet Recipe made with Semiya(vermicelli) and Sugar.It also requires very little Ghee, than any other sweet Recipes. It is an Easy Guest sweet Recipe.Whenever i have sweet craving, my Grandmother make this for me.Now we learn to make Easy Sweet Recipe.
- Heat 1 tsp of Ghee and roast the semiya, till it turns Golden brown, and add 2 cups of water.
- Stir now and then, till the water in it is completely absorbed.In no time it gets cooked well.
- Then add sugar, semiya loosens, as you mix. Then add food colour.
- Keep stirring, till it is thick. Finally add Remaining Ghee, and stir, till it starts leaving the sides of kadai.
- Garnish with Roasted Cashews.
- Optional: you could grease the plate with tsp of ghee, and spread the kesari, when it cools down, cut into desired shapes and serve.
- Water level varies depending upon the types of vermicilli.
- Adding food color is optional.In traditional method we won't add food colour. Sugar with semiya itself , gives good texture.
- you could also add raisins while frying cashews.
- Do not add sugar, before semiya is well cooked, else kesari turns rubbery.