Pulusu dosa is an authentic Vysyas Recipe. It is made with Raw rice, Jaggery & tamarind. Tangy taste of tamarind & mild sweet taste of jaggery makes the dosa, so tasty. I am the fan of this dosa. This is a soft crispy dosa , soft at centre & crispy at edges. My mother makes this dosa often. but here he don't like this dosa, so i make rarely. if we get spring onions, i make this dosa . This dosa tastes great with spring onions.
- Grind Soaked Raw rice into smooth batter with needed water & salt. Let the consistency be little thicker than rava dosa.
- Temper with Mustard seeds & add it to batter. Add chopped Spring onions & Soaked chanadal to the batter, mix well.
- Heat the tawa, when it is hot,take ladle of batter and pour it from the edges, then fill the center part,as shown in the picture.Then drizzle some oil.
- Cook in medium flame, when it turns crisp at edges, flip the dosa.
- When it is cooked on both the sides remove it from tawa.
- Instead of spring onions you can add 2 chopped big onions.
- you can also add 2 handful of coriander leaves.
- you Can add coconut, curry leaves,hing and jeera while Grinding, which gives nice flavour to dosa.
- Instead of Spring Onions, you can add drumstick leaves also.
- you can have butter,honey or Curd as sides.