Badam Halwa is a Rich, yummy & Popular Sweet Recipe made with Pureed Almonds & Milk.Badam Halwa is made during Diwali & also served in our Weddings.This recipe can be made with available ingredient in home.I am a big fan of Badam Halwa. we use to Get this Rich sweet from Coimbatore krishna sweets. My cousin sister, Mahalakshmi told, that it is an easy recipe, that they will make in their home & she explained the preparation. I tried it and came out well. So I am sharing it with you all .
Soak the Almonds overnight & Peel the Skin. Alternatively you can soak the Almonds in warm water for 2 hours, then you can peel off the skin.Keep it Ready.
- Grind the Badam Halwa into a little coarse Paste with 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- Melt the Sugar in a Pan with 1/4 of water.
- When Sugar Completely dissolves, add Ground Badam Paste.Mix well.
- when Badam Paste, completely, blends with Sugar,add yellow Food color.Mix well.
- Cook in medium low flame.Keep on stirring.
- When Halwa is almost thick, add Ghee little by little.
- when halwa starts leaving the sides of Pan,switch off the flame.Halwa becomes thick after Some time.
- Always Grind the Badam, into little coarse Paste. if the ground paste is smooth, Halwa may be sticky.
- Always use yellow food color, for nice color.
- you can also soak, saffron in warm milk, for 10 minutes, then add it to halwa, after adding food color, for nice flavours.
- When halwa starts leaving the sides of kadai, switch off the flame.Halwa becomes thick, when it cools down.