Karasev is a crunchy Popular snack, made with besan flour & rice flour as main Ingredient. Garlic Karasev is a Variation to normal karasev with flavour of Garlic. This snack is very Easy to make & could be made in jiffy.
- Take a Mixing bowl add Besan flour,Rice flour, Ground Red chilly Garlic paste,salt, hot oil. Mix well for even mixing.
- Add water little by little to make a smooth soft dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan, when it is hot, drop a pinch of dough if it raises immediately, it is an indication that oil is in correct temperature. Else heat the oil for few more seconds.
- Fill 3/4 of the mould with dough , then squeeze the murukku press into hot oil, in circular motion, filling the pan. Just one layer is enough.
- Cook in medium flame on both sides till it turns golden brown colour & sizzling stops. Drain it in a tissue Paper or kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat the process, till entire dough finishes.Break them roughly & store it in a airtight container.
- Adding Ginger along with Garlic gives nice flavour & taste.
- Adding hing gives additional flavour to Karasev.
- In traditional method on hot oil, they rub small quantity of dough on ladle, through holes, the dough falls automatically in the shape of noodles or small sticks in hot oil.but this is a easy method. Even the beginners can try this method.
- Grinding Red chilly along with Garlic gives nice spiciness to karasev.