Pearl Millet Dosa is called बाजरी (Bajri in Rajasthani, Gujarati and Marathi), ಸಜ್ಜೆ (Sajje in Kannada); கம்பு (Kambu in Tamil); बाजरा (Bajra in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi) and సజలు (sajjalu in Telugu) and ("Kambam" in Malayalam) and বাজরা ("ba:jra:" in Bengali) wikipedia.Eating bajra provides us with disease fighting phytochemicals that lower cholesterol, antioxidants, plenty of fibre,
folate, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, vitamins-E and B-complex, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. It is a gluten free grain. It is noted for its high iron content. This whole grain supports weight loss as the high fiber content leads to a feeling of fullness for a prolonged period of time. Now we learn to make nutritious Dosa.
Bajra(pearl Millet) - 1 cup.
Raw rice - 1/2 cup.
urad dal - 1/4 cup.
Soak bajra,raw rice and urad dal in a water, for minimum 4 hrs or overnight.
- Grind everything into a smooth paste with needed water and salt.
- Ferment it, over night or 10 hrs.
- Consistency of batter should be like thin pourable consistency as shown in the picture.
- Spread like normal dosa.
- Drizzle some oil on it.
- When one side is cooked and turned golden, flip the dosa
- When both sides are cooked and turned crisp at edges remove from tawa and serve hot.
- It goes well with all types of chutneys.