Butter mururukku can be easily prepared with available ingredients in home. This Murukku is prepared with rice flour,powdered chanadal and butter. This is an jiffy recipe, made quickly.
- Take a mixing bowl add rice flour,fried gram flour, cumin seeds,hing,butter,salt and mix with water little by little to a soft and stiff dough.
- Heat the oil in a Kadai, Now take murukku press with star shape, add the dough to it and keep it aside.
- To check oil is hot,put small piece of dough in a hot oil, when it pops up immediately,it is an indication that oil is hot.
- Now squeeze the Murukkus , in a circular motion over hot oil.cook in medium flame.
- Fry both sides till it turns golden brown.
- Then Remove it, and drain it in the kitchen towel.
- Repeat for remaining dough also.When it cools,place it in a air tight container.
- If you are making in large quantity. divide the mixed flour into 2 or 3 portions, then mix water little by little to each portions, before deep frying, else murukku turns red.
- After making the dough cover the bowl with lid, else dough becomes dry.
- Instead of cumin seeds you can add ajwain also.
- Be careful while squeezing murukku over oil.
- When you squeeze murukku, automatically it breaks into small pieces.