Idiyappam is a Popular Recipe made with Rice flour.Idiyappam is served as a Main Course in South Indian foods. It is a low calorie diet. Idiyappam is also called Nool Puttu,Sevai,Shavige, Semige, string hoppers or Rice Noodles.
- Add Water in a pan.Then add salt & oil.
- When it becomes rolling boil, switch off the stove.
- Add Rice flour in one hand, keep on stirring water in other.mix well.Make sure it does not have lumps in it.
- When it cools down again knead it well.Now dough is ready.
- Take idiyappam Maker,fill 3/4 of maker, with dough, then squeeze it over Greased idli plates and steam cook it for 2 - 3 minutes.Make sure that, idli plates should be placed in a steamer, when water in it comes to rolling boil.
- Get the rice noodles from market.
- Take a big pan/kadai, add more water, and allow the water to boil.
- when the water starts boiling, add rice noodles to it. cook it, till it becomes soft.
- Then drain it, in the colander. Instant idiyappam is ready.
Now basic idiyappam can be served with any of these dishes such as Kadalai curry,coconut chutney,coconut Milk,sodhi and vegetable korma .
Click on the link to get Sevai Types