Mamidikaya Pulihora is a simple and Easy lunch box recipe made with Tangy Mango and rice.It is specifically made during festive Occasions like ugadi.Green mango is a wonderful source of Vitamin C. Raw mango would improve would immune system as it contains vitamin C. Raw mangoes contain B vitamins that help you retain good health. Raw mango can help your indigestion. Green mango do cleanses the intestine and clear off indigestion and other infections. Raw mango contains vitamin A and Vitamin E that enhances humane hormonal system.Now we learn to make Simple Mango rice.
Raw rice - 1 cup (or) cooked rice/left over rice : 3 cups.
Grated Raw Mango - 1 cup.
Salt - as Needed.
Turmeric - 1/8 tsp.
Sesame oil - 3 tbsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
urad dal - 2 tsp.
chanadal - 1 tbsp.
curry leaves - few.
Hing - Generous Pinch.
Ginger - 1 inch.
Peanuts - 3 tbsp.
Green chillies - 3.
Red chillies - 3.
- Cook the rice with 3 cups of water, for 3 whistles. when whisle subsides, place it over a wide plate, and drizzle 1 tsp of sesame oil. Allow it to cool completely.so that you get individual Grains.
- Grate the Mango.
- Dry roast the peanuts & remove the skin of it.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add chanadal, urad dal,curryleaves, red chillies, slit Green chillies, hing and peanuts, when dals turns golden brown colour add Grated Ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric, then add Grated Mango and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.Add salt.
- Finally add cooked rice , and mix well. Serve With any Stir fry varieties or papad.
- you can make Raw Mango rice with left over rice also.
- Adjust the quantity of grated mango as per the tanginess of mango.