Pancakes is a authentic American Breakfast Recipe. It is a simple breakfast recipe, can be easily made during busy mornings. Pancakes are eaten plain, or it can be topped with butter or fruits of your choice, and served with honey or maple syrup.I had this pancake for the first time in ihop restaurant, when we went to disney world. it tasted awesome. it could be made with available ingredients in home. it is also a very simple bachelor recipe.
- Take a Mixing bowl add All Purpose Flour,salt,sugar,baking powder mix well, then add milk,oil, 1 tbsp of melted butter,vanilla essence and water.mix Gently.Now you get thick batter consistency. Let it set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the iron skillet or dosa pan, when it is hot, take a ladle full of batter and just pour it on tawa. don't spread it. it will spread on its own.cook it in a medium low flame.
- When pancakes gets golden brown colour, and also it gets holes on it. it is the right time to flip the pancake.
- When both sides of pancakes are cooked, remove it from tawa.Serve hot.
- Top with butter or fresh fruits of your choice like strawberry, blueberry,apples, banana or honey or maple syrup, or caramel syrup or chocochips or nuts.you could select the toppings entirely based on your taste buds.
- Adding Vanilla Essence is optional, it gives extra flavour to pancake.
- it is not necessary to Grease the skillet since it is pancake batter.
- For healthier version you could use wheat flour instead of All purpose flour, add milk according to consistency of batter.