Bombay chutney is a good accompaniment for idli,Dosa, Poori and Chapathi. Senaga pachadi(kadalai Maavu) chutney is a very Simple Side Dish, busy women and bachelors can try this quick recipe. This chutney is a multipurpose recipe. This is an authentic recipe.It is a very good alternative for Poori Masala.
Besan flour - 2 tbsp.(senaga pindi/Kadalai Mavu)
Green chillies - 2.
chilli powder - 3/4 tsp.
salt - to taste.
turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp.
onions - 2. (cut lengthwise)
tomato - 1.
ginger - 1/2 inch.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp,
fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp.
chana dal - 1 tsp.
curry leaves - few.
- Take a bowl add besan flour + chilli powder + salt + turmeric powder mixwell with little water to avoid lumps. it should be like thick dosa batter consistency as shown in the picture.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters add fennel seeds.
- When you get slight smell of fennel seeds add chana dal and grated ginger.
- When dals turns golden brown add onions,green chillies and curry leaves.
- When onions turn pink, add tomato sauté till it turns mushy.
- Then add 3/4 cup of water when it starts boiling add besan mixture that we prepared.
- Stir well.Let it boil for few seconds (3 - 4 seconds).Finally garnish with Cilantro.
Plz also Visit: More side Dishes for idli dosa
Bombay Chutney - Side Dish for chapathi Poori idli Dosa - Besan Chutney By Gayathri, Nov 29th, 2013 Bombay Chutney