Perugu Jantigalu is a Tangy Murukku made using Sour Curd as a Main Ingredient. I am a big fan of Curd Murukku(Thayir Murukku). In my family everybody likes this. I learnt this recipe from my cousin,srimathi Aunty.Usually we buy this murukku in shops. After i tried and came out well, i was so much exited. i hope u will also enjoy the recipe.
Grind the Green chillies and salt with 2 tbsp of sour curd into a smooth Paste.
- Take a Mixing bowl, add Rice flour,Maida,butter,Ground Green chillies Paste. Mix well.
- Add curd little by little to make soft & stiff dough.
- Heat the oil in a Kadai, Now take murukku press with 3 holes, add the dough to it and keep it aside.
- To check oil is hot,put small piece of dough in a hot oil, when it pops up immediately,it is indication that oil is hot.
- Now squeeze the Murukkus , in a circular motion over hot oil.cook in medium flame.
- Cook both sides until the Shh!!! sound & bubbles ceases & also it turns light Golden brown.
- Then Remove it, and drain it in the kitchen towel.
- Always prefer Sour Curd, for Good Results.
- Grind Green chillies into smooth Paste, for smooth squeezing.
- Instead of Green Chillies, you can add Red chilly Powder also.
- If you are making in large quantity. divide the mixed flour into 2 or 3 portions, then mix curd little by little to each portions, before deep frying, else murukku turns red.
- After making the dough cover the bowl with lid, else dough becomes dry.
- Be careful while squeezing murukku over oil.
- When you squeeze murukku, automatically it breaks into small pieces.