Milagu Adai is made with Raw Rice, dals, crushed Pepper & cumin seeds.But i used Samai Rice (Little Millets) to make this Milagu Adai. (other Names:Hindi: Kutki; Tamil: Samai; Telugu: Sama; Kannada: Same; Malayalam: Chama).Milagu Adai is a Special Recipe, made during Karthigai Deepam. I have used millets so it is healthy too.It is an Easy & Healthy break fast or Dinner Recipe.Crushed Cumin & Pepper Corns,when blended with Rice & dal's, tastes Good.Now we learn to make this Adai.
Samai Rice - 2 cup.
Poha/aval/avalakki - 1/2 cup.
chana dal - 2 tbsp.
Toor dal - 2 tbsp.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Pepper Corns - 2 tsp.
Coconut - 1/2 cup.(Grated)
salt - to taste.
oil - to smear.
- Crush the Cumin seeds & Pepper corns to a coarse Powder.
- Grate the coconut and keep it aside.
- Soak Samai Rice,Poha,chana dal,Toor dal, in a needed water for 1 hour.
- Then Grind it, into a little coarse Paste, with needed water & Salt.
- Add Crushed Pepper corns + Jeera Powder.Add Grated Coconut.Mix well.Let the consistency be little thicker than Normal Dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the tawa, when it is hot take ladle full of batter, & spread lightly to make thick Adai. Drizzle some oil.
- Flip the Adai, when both sides are cooked Remove from tawa.
- I used Little Millets(Samai) to make this Adai. you can use any other millets like Varagu,Thinai or kuthiraivali Rice.
- Adding Coconut Gives softness to Adai.
- you can serve this adai with butter or Honey.