Kasi halwa is an Easy sweet Recipe, made at our homes. This halwa is also served during Weddings or special functions.It is also made during diwali or krishna jayanthi. When we went to our family friend's home, in Neyveli on the way at panruti, we found lots of shop, which sold fresh veggies and fruits, directly from farm. we got White Pumpkin also.Krishna Jayanthi is nearby,so i planned to make kasi halwa, came home and made immeidately the next day, halwa with fresh pumpkin tasted awesome.
- Heat a tsp of Ghee in a kadai, add cashews and roast it, till it turns golden brown colour, and keep it aside.
- In a same kadai, add Grated pumpkin and saute for 2 minutes, then add collected pumpkin water, saute now and then. It takes nearly 13 - 15 minutes to cook.
- When pumpkin is cooked, add sugar.
- Sugar oozes water, and halwa becomes loose, then add food color, stir well.
- Don't worry stir well, till it is thick and it gets glossy and transparent texture.
- Now add remaining ghee little by little and stir well.
- Finally garnish with roasted cashews.
- Add sugar when pumpkin is completely cooked, else pumpkin won't cook.
- Adding food color is optional.
- Adding squeezed pumpkin water, gives extra taste to halwa.
- if you like cardomom flavour, you can add cardomom Powder at the last, and give quick stir.