Maida - 1 cup.
Maida - 1 cup.
Sour curd - 1 tsp.
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp.
hing - 1/8 tsp
sesame seeds - 1 tsp.
Butter/Ghee - 2 tbsp.
chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
salt - for taste.
- Take a Mixing bowl add Maida,cumin seeds,hing,sesame seeds,butter,sour curd,chilli powder,salt with needed water into a pliable dough.(pliable means flexible,should not be too soft or hard).
- Take a pinch of it ,and make equal sized small balls,greater than peas size, and place it in a paper or plate.
- Take a thick bottomed kadai, heat the oil, place a small amount of dough into oil, when it pops out immediately, it is an indication that oil is hot.
- Now drop in bunches, according to the quantity of oil.slowly move it once, so that it will avoid sticking to each other and gets cooked evenly.
- When it turns, mild golden brown colour, remove it from the kadai, using slotter and place in absorbent paper to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat the same procedure for remaining batches.
- Now uppu seedai(palakaya) is ready. Savory balls are ready for Lord Krishna.
- You can make uppu seedai using rice flour in the same manner, instead of maida you can add rice flour.
- Make sure while making balls, do it of same size, so that it gets cooked evenly.
- Remove the seedai, from the kadai based upon the colour, when it turns golden brown colour.
- Also check the items using for this dough, should not contain any impurities.Due to impurities there is a chances of burst.
- In maida seedai, as soon as you make the balls, you can deep fry it. Not necessary to wait till moistures goes.