Tomato dosa is a simple dosa recipe. Tomato is rich in vitamin C and contains some vitamin B and vitamin A. The vitamin C content increases as the vegetable ripens.The nutritional value of tomato makes it good for weight loss, obesity, eye disorders, night blindness, urinary tract infection, liver disorders, jaundice, indigestion, morning sickness, constipation, diarrhea, intestinal disorders, and diabetes. It also helps in cleansing the body of toxic compounds.
raw rice - 1 cup.
tomato - 4.[chopped]
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
black pepper - 35 to 40 [ around 11/2spoon]
curry leaves - 15.
salt - for taste.
hing - 3 pinch.
Soak raw rice for 4 hrs or overnight.
- To the soaked raw rice add chopped tomatoes, cuminseeds, black pepper,curry leaves,salt,hing, and red chillies .
- Grind the ingredients with little water because tomato itself is watery.
- batter should be fine. consistency should be moderate. pour dosa like normal dosa
- As you prepare the batter start preparing the dosa -fermentation not necessary.
- (Note : After pouring the dosa cover it with a lid,till the dosa cooks ).