Aloo mirchi ki subzi is a simple curry made with potato and capsicum. Potato capsicum curry is a best accomplishment for rice, roti and chapathi. The vitamin-C present in potatoes can help prevent this dreaded deficiency disease, caused due to lack of vitamin-C. A potato a day is good for your heart, promoting normal blood-pressure levels. Vitamin C in capsicum can melt away the blood clots.They contain plenty of vitamin C, which powers up your immune system and keeps skin youthful. Now we learn to make healthy curry.
|Aloo Capsicum Curry|
Potato (medium size) - 2.
Capsicum (medium size) - 1/2.
onion - 1.
oil - to fry.
salt - as required.
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp.
coriander powder - 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp.
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Chop the potatoe into cubes, to avoid discoloration, place the cubed potatoes in a bowl of water.
- Chop capsicum into cubes.
- Chop onions lengthwise.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters add cumin seeds.
- When it sizzles add onions, and ginger garlic paste.
- When onions turns pink, add cubed potatoes,saute now then,cook till potatoes are half done.
- Add capsicum saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add coriander powder,turmeric powder,chilli powder,garam masala and salt.Mix well.
- Saute now and then till capsicum is soft.(cook it covered for fast cooking).
- Now potato capsicum curry is ready.It goes very well with chapathi, roti and rice.