Dal Palak is a delectable & Healthy Dal Recipe made with Fresh Spinach leaves(Palak),dal, crushed Garlic & onions. It goes well with Rice,Roti,chapathi Phulkas & Jeera Rice.Spinach is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C and iron, which improves your metabolism helping you burn calories at a faster rate. Spinach is packed with nutrients like antioxidants, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and folic acid which are great for your heart.Eating spinach regularly maintains the normal brain functioning as well as slow down the age-related decline in brain function.Now we will learn to make healthy Dal Recipe.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds.When it splutters add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds sizzles add Ginger & crushed Garlic .
- When Garlic turns golden brown, add hing give a quick mix.
- Then add Green chillies & crushed pearl onions.
- When onions turns golden brown colour add tomatoes.
- Add Chilli powder,Turmeric powder & salt. Saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
- Then add Methi leaves, saute in a high flame for 3 - 4 minutes, then keep the flame to medium.
- when it is cooked,add needed water.(i have added nearly 2 cups of water).
- Add Mashed moong dal.Mix well.
- Let it boil for few minutes till it gets thick consistency.
- Serve with Rice,Roti & chapathi's.
- Instead of Moongdal, you can use Toor dal also,or equal proportion of both Moongdal & Toor dal.
- Adding crushed Pearl onions & Garlic gives, nice flavour to dal.
- As per your need you can adjust the quantity of dal.