Dondakaya(kovakkai) curry is a Healthy & tasty Curry made with Tindora, Ginger, Chillies & coconut as main ingredient. It Goes well with Rice ,Roti's & chapathi's.This recipe i have learnt from my cousins mom. Tindora with Ginger is an awesome Combination. After i tasted her curry, immediately i tried it & came out well. So i wanted to share with you all.
- Pressure Cook the Tindora in a Cooker for 2 whistles.Then drain the water & keep it aside.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add cumin seeds, when it sizzles add curry leaves & hing.
- Add Cooked tindora saute for few seconds till the moisture in it Goes off. Then add turmeric Powder & Ground mixture.
- Mix till everything combines well. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Always pressure cook the tindora, without adding water. Add water in a cooker, place chopped tindora bowl, close the lid & pressure cook.
- you can add turmeric Powder while Grinding.
- you can add 3 tbsp of cooked chanadal to the curry, which gives nutty taste to curry.
- it Goes well with Rice, Chapathi & Roti.