Potato Averakalu curry is a delectable curry goes well with Chapathi,Roti,Paratha, dosa & Mild Pulao's. Averakalu is a Popular Legume in Karnataka Cusine. We get this legume in Market, throughout the winter. I hope from November to March.you can make lots of dishes from this legume. Already i have posted Avarekalu Saagu & Averakalu Saaru. Today I tried curry with it. yummy Avarekalu legume,when combined with Potatoes & some spices tastes divine. Today i am sharing the recipe with you all.
- Pressure cook Potato and Avarekalu in a seperate container with needed water for 3 whistles.
- Grind everything given in a "To Grind" column into a smooth Paste with needed water.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add fennel seeds,curry leaves & hing.
- When you get Good aroma of fennel seeds, add ground Paste.
- Saute now & then for for 3 - 4 minutes in a medium flame.Then add Cooked cubed Potato & Avarekalu.
- Keep the flame to low.Mix well.Stir now and then till the water evaporates.
- it takes nearly 5 minutes, then remove from fire.Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with rice,roti,chapathi,phulka's & pulao's.
- Don't Overcook the Avarekalu(field Beans).
- if you are using dried field beans soak it overnight.
- Adjust the Red chillies according to your spice level.
- Tempering with fennel seeds enhances the flavour of curry.