Andhra Pappu Goes well with Steamed rice,roti and chapathi. It is a simple Andhra recipe. Kandi pappu with tomatoes and garlic combinations are too good. Toor dal is a staple food in Indian cuisine.Toor dal contains folic acid, an important vitamin for all women, especially those planning to become pregnant.Legumes such as toor dal are a healthy source of dietary fiber, which can help to prevent constipation and promote regularity.Tomatoes is a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, folate and potassium. Tomatoes are naturally low in sodium, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories.Now we learn how to make tomato Pappu.
Toor dal - 1 cup.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Garlic - 5.
curry leaves - few.
Green chillies - 5.
Red chillies - 2.
pearl onions - 10.
tomatoes(large) 2 finely chopped.
turmeric - 1/8 tsp.
oil - to fry.
fresh coriander leaves - few to garnish
- Pressure cook the toor dal till mushy with little turmeric.
- crush the garlic and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it popps, throw cumin seeds.
- when it sizzles add smashed garlic, green chillies,red chillies and curry leaves.
- When garlic turns slightly golden brown, add pearl onions saute till it turns pink.
- Then add tomatoes saute till mushy, then add cooked toor dal with 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt. When it boiled once, remove it from the flame, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- It goes very well with steamed white rice with spoon of ghee, chapathi and roti.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 39
Andhra Pappu - Tomato Pappu recipe - Andra Recipes - with Pictures By Gayathri, Nov 11, 2013 Andhra Pappu