Aloo methi sabzi is a popular North Indian curry made with Fenugreek leaves and potato. it Goes very well with chapathi, roti, rice and stuffing inside chapathi rolls and breads. Fenugreek leaves when blended with boiled potatoes taste awesome. it is a very healthy and tasty dry curry.
Fenugreek leaves control the hormonal level of insulin in the blood. it will fulfill your body's fibre requirements abundantly. They are known to be very high in iron as well as having significant levels of potassium, fiber, and calcium.India is a largest producer of fenugreek. potatoes predominantly contain carbohydrates, they are easy to digest and facilitate digestion. The vitamin-C present in potatoes can help prevent this disease, caused by a deficiency of vitamin-C.Now we learn to make healthy curry.
Potatoes - 2.
Methi leaves chopped - 1 cup or 1 bunch.
Onions - 1 (big).
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp.
oil - to fry.
salt - to taste.
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp.
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp.
coriander powder - 1 tsp.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes, and place in water to avoid discoloration.
- chop the onions lengthwise and keep it aside.
- Chop the methi leaves finely.
- Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add onions, add Ginger garlic paste, saute till onions turns pink.
- Then add potatoes and turmeric mix well.cook it covered, saute now and then, till potatoes are cooked and it becomes soft.
- Then add coriander Powder, chilli Powder, Garam masala and Salt.Give a quick mix.
- Then add chopped Methi leaves, saute for 2 or 3 minutes, till it wilts, and comes in the form of dry curry.
- Serve hot with rice, roti and chapathi's.