Paneer Jalfrezi is an colorful,healthy Indian Curry made with fried Veggies & paneer in a thick tomato Sauce.It is a Good accompaniment for chapathi, roti,Naan and Mild pulao's.It is an Easy semi dry Paneer Recipe. It is a Good option for stuffing inside chapathi rolls.
This recipe i tasted it in one of the Indian restaurant in chicago. Planned to try for a long time.Brought paneer from the store, planned to do some gravies with paneer. i found baby corn & capsicum was also available in fridge. so made this curry. Fried Baby corn,capsicum & Paneer in tomato sauce with spicy powders tastes delicious.
Paneer - 200 gms.
Onions - 2.
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp.
Tomato - 1. (puree it).
Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp.
kasoori methi - 1 tsp (crushed)
oil - to fry.
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Capsicum - 1 (Medium size)
Carrot - 1.
Baby corn - 10
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp.
coriander Powder - 1 tsp.
Cut the onions,veggies & paneer into length wise thin stripes, as shown in the picture.
if paneer is store bought , place it in hot water, for 10 - 12 minutes. so paneer becomes soft.
Puree 1 tomato and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil, add cumin seeds . When it sizzles, add onions.
- When onions turns slightly translucent, add Ginger garlic paste. Saute for 2 -3 minutes, till raw smell goes.
- Add tomato Puree, tomato ketchup,Chilli powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Saute for 4 - 5 minutes till tomato sauce is cooked well. Then add carrot and baby corn saute in high flame for 2 minutes. Then sim it to a low flame and cook it covered for 3 - 4 minutes.
- When carrots & baby corn are cooked (it should maintain its crunchiness).Add capsicum saute for 4 - 5 minutes.when paneer when capsicum is cooked.
- Gently Saute paneer for 2 - 3 minutes in a vegetable gravy, till paneer is well coated with sauce & cooked. Crush kasoori methi and add it gravy, and give a quick mix.Finally garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Cut the veggies into thin stripes, so it cooks faster.
- you can add veggies of your choice. you can add beans also.
- Cook the veggies in the order as such, as i have mentioned in the instructions.
- Veggies should be cooked and it should maintain crunchiness.
- Gently mix the paneer in a semi gravy.There is a chances of breaking Paneer.