Bendakaya vepudu(okra Fry) can be prepared quickly. This goes very well with rice and chapati.Tangy bhindi curry goes very well with Andra Pappu and Pappu pulusu. The low calorie content of Okra and its high fiber content makes it a suitable food for weight loss. fiber content of ladys finger helps in better digestion, and regularization of bowels. Okra contains folic acid / folate. Lady finger is an absolutely important food for ladies who are willing to conceive. Another important benefit of lady finger is that it contains Vitamin C which helps in improving immunity. They are an also good source of many important minerals such as iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium.
Ladies Finger - 30 - 35.
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
tamarind - small amla size.
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
corinader powder - 1 tsp.
salt - as required.
Soak the Tamarind in 1/2 cup of water, when is soaked well,squeeze the tamarind, to extract juice, then retain the water and throw the pulp.
chop the bendakaya(ladies finger) into thin circles.
- Heat the oil, add mustard when it splutters add okra and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add tamarind extract( okras should completely immersed in tamarind water).
- Let it boil for few minutes, stir now and then.
- When water is almost absorbed, add corinader powder,chilli powder and salt.
- Saute for 10 more minutes, Occasionally, till bhindi is completely soft.
- Transfer to serving bowl . It is a well accompaniment for rice and chapati.