Cauliflower Curry is a simple curry recipe made with Cauliflower and Peas. It Goes well with rice,chapathi,roti and mild pulao's.It's high in anti-oxidants.Cauliflower has anti-inflammatory properties - Due to its high vitamin K content, cauliflower helps to reduce inflammation.high in fiber.Increased blood flow - Decrease chronic ailments such as atherosclerosis, a leading cause of heart attack and stroke.Several research on this flowery vegetable have revealed that it has compounds to resist cancer; it has the ability to eliminate cancer enzymes.Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables, rich in health benefiting phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
Went for Vegetable Picking in near by farm, picked Purple & White Cauliflower's and made this curry.it was an amazing experience.You get 4 types of cauliflowers here, they are Purple,Green, yellow and White. In this farm, we found White, purple and yellow. We picked White & purple.
- Clean the cauliflower's and cut into small florets.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters add onions, Ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till onions turns pink.Then add tomatoes, chilli powder, Garam masala, turmeric powder coriander powder and salt.
- Saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
- Then add cauliflower florets, peas, cook it covered , till it is soft.saute now and then in a medium flame.(it take 20 - 22 minutes to cook).
- Finally Garnish with fresh cilantro.