Poori is a Popular Breakfast Recipe in India loved by all Ages. Poori is an kids friendly Recipe. It is made with whole wheat flour. I have shared some tips & tricks in making Puffy Poori's.My MIL always makes Puffy Poori's. she has given some tips & tricks in making the Poori. So I am sharing with you all. My daughter is a big fan of this Poori. During her weekly holidays either on saturday or sunday, weekly once we make this Poori.
Check out Some side Dishes for Poori
- Take a Mixing bowl, Combine Wheat flour, Melted Ghee,Sooji,Salt & mix well.
- Add water little by little to make a soft smooth & stiff dough. Make sure dough should not be sticky.
- After making the dough,immediately you should start preparing the poori's.
- Take small lemon sized dough & flatten it lightly as shown in the picture.
- Dust it in flour and roll into small poori's with a help of rolling pin, not too thin or too thick.
- Arrange the rolled poori's in plate or Paper.
- Heat the oil, to check oil is hot.Oil should be hot, but not smoky. Now drop a pinch of dough into hot oil, it should pop up immediately & also it should not be browned. This is the Right Temperature of oil.
- Now, slide a rolled circular disc into oil,after a second press the poori with a slotted ladle, immediately Poori's Puff up.Now carefully flip the Poori's & fry till Golden.Remove carefully using a slotted ladle & drain it in a tissue Paper. Repeat the same procedure for rest of the dough.
- Serve Puffed Poori's hot.
- Adding Ghee gives nice flavour to Poori.
- Adding Rava is used to maintain the crispiness.
- Add water little by little to make a Soft & stiff dough.Dough should not be sticky.
- Make the poori's immediately as soon as you make the dough.
- Roll the dough into medium sized circular disc not too thick or thin.
- if you are making in large quantity roll the dough in batches.
- Dust the dough with little flour, with more dusting leaves the residue while frying the Poori's.
- The temperature of the oil should be hot, but not smoky. if the temperature is low, Poori won't raises up & drinks more oil.
Also Visit My: 101 Popular Breakfast Recipes