Vegetable kurma is a best accomplishment for chapthi,roti,parotta,idiyappam and poori's. It also goes well with dosa and appam. I have used 4 types of veggies such as carrots,beans,gobhi and peas.We have used 4 different colours of veggies. Using different color vegetables contains unique health components that are essential to our health. Eating plenty of healthy vegetables helps prevent heart disease and strokes, diverticulitis, control your blood pressure, prevent some types of cancers, and guards against cataract and macular degeneration or vision loss.Now we prepare colourful and nutritious korma.
Veggies of your choice - 1.5 cups [ i used carrot,beans,cauliflower,peas].
bay leaf - 1. (tear it into 2).
cinnamon stick -1.
cloves - 2.
fennel seeds - 10 - 12.( for frying).
green chillies - 1 (slit it into 2)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
tomato - 1.
salt - taste.
oil - to fry.
Milk - According to consistency [ I have added 1/4 cup]
red chillies - 4.
cardomom - 1 pod.
fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp.
coconut - 1/4 cup.(grated)
coriander powder - 1 tsp.
roasted chana dal - 1 tbsp.
cashews - 5.
Grind everything into a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat the oil, throw bay leaf,cinnamon stick,cloves,fennel seeds, 1 green chilly saute till it turns fragrant .
- Add chopped onions, then ginger garlic paste.saute till onions turns pink.
- Add chopped tomato saute till it turns mushy.
- Add all the veggies and saute for 3 - 5 min.
- Then add ground paste with needed water and salt according to consistency.
- Cook it covered until all the veggies are cooked. it takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes.(stir it now and then).
- When veggies are cooked , add milk little by little and stir it well immediately.Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with fresh cilantro.