Bajra Roti is a Flat Break Popular in state of Rajasthan,Gujarat & Karnataka.Bajra Rotis are made with Pearl Millet. It is called Bajra Roti in Rajasthan, Bajra Na Rotla in Gujarat & Sajje Roti in Karnataka. Bajra Roti's are staple food at Winter Season in these Regions. It is also an excellent source of protiens & fiber.Bajra is an Gluten free Food.Being rich in fiber content, bajra is good for diabetics, keeping the glucose levels normal.This whole grain supports weight loss as the high fiber content leads to a feeling of fullness for a prolonged period of time.Today we will learn to make Healthy Bajra Roti.
- Take a wide vessel, add bajra flour & salt.
- Add water little by little & knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Take a ziploc paper or plastic sheet or banana leaf, grease with oil, place each ball over it.
- Spread into thin circular roti's,spread as thin you can.
- Heat the tawa or skillet, when it is hot ,Gently transfer it from ziploc paper to tawa.
- cook on both sides till you get Golden spots. Then smear some Ghee or oil over the roti's.
- Remove from tawa & serve hot or warm.
- Serve Roti's with Butter, dal , Brinjal Stuffed Curry, curd,pickle or any Chapathi Side dishes.
- if you feel dough is sticky add some flour, else if you feel the dough is dry add some water.
- Always serve the Roti's hot.
- you can add cumin seeds, while making dough.
- you can also add coriander Powder+Red chilli powder + cumin Powder to the dry bajra flour while making Roti's.
- you can also add 2 tbsp of crushed kasthoori methi while making the dough for nice flavour.
- you can add finely chopped onions & coriander leaves while making the dough for distinct taste.