Pachi Pulusu is an unheated version of stew goes very well with idli's,mudda pappu Annam(dal rice),upma,pulagam,uppu pindi & Ven pongal. This is a typical Andra special stew.Pachi pulusu is combined with three tastes such as Tanginess from Tamarind, Spiceness from Green chillies and Sweetness from Jaggery.it is good to have with pani poori's also.it can be prepared within 5 minutes. bachelors and office Goers can try this simple recipe at busy mornings.
Tamarind - Lemon Size.
Green chillies - 5.
Curry leaves - 1 sprig.(finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Jaggey - 1 + 1/2 tsp.
water - 1 cup.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
oil - 1/2 tsp.
- Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of water. Let it rest for 1/2 an hour. Then tamarind becomes soft. Squeeze the tamarind, retain the juice throw the pulp.
- Add jaggery and salt to tamarind water.mix it well.
- Then add chopped Green chillies, mash the green chillies well with ladle, so it incorporates well with rasam.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves to it.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add to it.
- Give a standing time of half an hour. so tamarind incorporates well with other spices and gives a good taste.