Pulagam(Andra Khichdi) is a Moongdal based rice, is made on Bhogi festival of Sankranthi and offered to God.This is also a simple breakfast recipe.Newly Harvested rice with Pesara pappu Makes this Khichdi divine.Bachelors and Office Goers can try this Simple recipe in busy Mornings. Split Moong dal is good source of protein and dietary fiber.It is low in fat and rich in potassium ,calcium and B complex vitamins.It is easy to digest and not like other pulses which are heavy for digestion.The fiber in these lentils help to decrease high cholesterol.
Raw rice - 1 cup.
Moongdal - 1/2 cup.
Water - 3 cups [1:3]
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Pepper corns - 1/4 tsp.
salt - as required.
curry leaves - few.
Cashews - 12.
Ghee - 3 tsp.
- Dry Roast the Moongdal and rice together till you get nice smell.
- Then Wash and soak it with 3 cups of rice for half an hour.
- Heat 2 tsp of Ghee, add cumin seeds, pepper corns and curry leaves, saute till you get nice aroma(smell).Then add this sauted ingredients to soaked rice+Moongdal, then also add salt and mix well.
- Then pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee, saute cashews till it turns golden brown colour and add it to cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Pulagam Recipe - Easy khichdi - Andra Recipes By Gayathri, Jan 9, 2014 Pulagam recipe