Jeera Rice is a Popular North Indian Recipe. Jeera means cumin. Jeera Rice is made with Rice and Cumin seeds so it is called Jeera Rice.It is a simple Recipe goes with any types of Gravies.my husband likes to have with cauliflower fry so i made it. Even the rice goes well with curries.
some health benefits of cumin includes, Cumin helps to lower blood sugar levels and thus helps in maintaining proper blood content levels in the body. This is a great boon for people suffering from Diabetes.Cumin is healthy for women of all age groups and is known to influence healthy menstrual cycle in them.Good metabolism process helps to keep all the other body processes in check. Iron present in Cumin helps to properly maintain our metabolic activity.Enzymes present in Cumin helps to breakdown foods and thus aids in digestion.
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Water - 2 cups.
cashews - 15.
Butter/ghee - 2 tbsp.
Wash the basmathi rice with water for 2 to 3 times, and soak it in water for half an hour.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp of butter or Ghee. When butter melts add cashews saute till it turns golden brown colour and remove it from the pan and keep aside.
- In a same pan, add cumin seeds, saute till it sizzles, then add rice, and saute for few seconds.
- Saute Gently so that the rice cannot be broken.
- Then add 2 cups of water, and salt, mix well. cook in a medium flame.
- When water is almost absorbed, keep a flame very low , and close the lid, and cook it covered for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. let it rest in a pan for 12 - 15 minutes, it gets Cooked well in the heat of pan.Garnish with cashews.
- Then serve hot with any Gravies.