Panchmel Dal is a traditional,healthy,Popular Rajasthani dal Recipe,made with a combination of 5 dals. Dals are cooked till soft, then it is mashed & tempered with spices.This is an Nutritious Side Dish Recipe, as it is Packed with High fiber & protein Content. This dal Recipe is a Good Accompaniment for Chapathi,Roti,Phulka's,Dal Bati, Rice & Jeera Rice.This is an No Onion No Garlic Recipe.
- Pressure Cook the dal with 4 cups of water & 1/4 tsp of turmeric for 4 -5 whistles, till soft.When Pressure Subsides,open the lid & mash the dal.
- In another Pan, heat the oil or Ghee, add cumin seeds,when it sizzles add Cinnamon,Cardomom,Cloves & Red Chillies.Saute till aromatic.
- Then add Grated Ginger & Green chillies.fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add finely chopped Tomatoes, Coriander Powder,Chilli Powder,Garam Masala.
- Saute till tomatoes turns Mushy.
- Then add the fried tempering mixture over the dal & cook for 8 - 10 minutes, in a medium flame till it gets Creamy Gravy Consistency.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve the dal Hot.
- While Serving Top the dal with Butter or Ghee.
- you can add 1 tbsp of crushed Kasthoori Methi for Garnishing.
- 1 cup of dal = 250 ml.
- Adding Whole Spices gives Nice flavour to dal.