Paneer Idiyappam is one of the classic Idiyappam Recipe made with Idiyappam/Rice sevai & Paneer with some Spice Powder. Soft idiyappam when blended with spices & paneer tastes heavenly. In coimbatore at hotel named Village, they serve number of varieties of idiyappam. Usually we order Paneer idiyappam. It tasted so yummy. Then i came home and tried twice or thrice it came out well.My husband told that taste was so delicious, and it tasted the same as we ate in Village hotel. So i wanted to share this recipe with you all.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add cumin seeds. When it sizzles add Green chilly & curry leaves.
- When chilly turns its colour, add chopped onions.Saute till it turns transparent.
- Then add tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, Garam Masala,turmeric Powder & salt.
- Saute till tomatoes turns mushy .
- Then add Grated Paneer, mix well such that it blends well with everything.
- Finally add Idiyapam/sevai & mix Gently without breaking the idiyappam. Garnish with fresh cilantro & switch off the flame.
- you can add Ginger Garlic paste, while adding onions.
- you can add handful of cooked peas or corn before adding paneer.
- you can replace chilli powder & Garam Masala with Sambar powder for different taste.
- don't saute the paneer for longer time, else it turns rubbery.
- Always serve warm.