Bellam Kudumulu is an Authentic Andhra Recipe, made during Vinayaka Chavithi.It is made with Rice flour,jaggery,cardomom & freshly grated coconut cooked together to a thick dough & allowed to cool a little, & flattened into circular disc or roundels & steamed. Finally you get soft smooth kudumulu, with flavour of cardomom. It can also be had as an evening snack.
- Heat the kadai, add Grated or Powdered Jaggery, melt it with 2 cups of water , till it completely dissolves & filter it to remove the impurities.
- Bring the Melted jaggery to rolling boil, add Grated coconut, Cardomom Powder & Rice flour.
- While adding Rice flour, add Rice flour in one hand, & stir in other hand to avoid lumps.
- Stir in medium low flame for 5 - 6 minutes, till it gets thick consistency.
- Finally add 1 tbsp of Ghee to the dough & give a quick Mix. you get the Soft shinning dough.
- Switch off the stove & cover it, till it is warm & you can handle it.
- Then knead the dough well & Grease your hands with Ghee or oil, then take small lemon sized dough & flatten it into circular disc or you can shape into small or medium size balls as you desire.
- Steam cook it like we cook idli's for 10 - 12 minutes, on Medium High flame.
- Now Bellam kudumulu is Ready for Naivedhyam.
- Adding Cardomom gives nice flavour to kudumulu.
- Adding Ghee gives nice shining texture to the dough.
- After making the dough, cover it with the lid to avoid dryness.
- you can shape the kudumulu into balls or circular disc, as you desire.
- you can use idli cooker, or rice cooker or steamer to cook the kudumulu.