Millets Kara Kozhukkatai is a healthy breakfast or Dinner recipe made with Millets of your Choice. I used Little Millets to make this kozhukkatai.It is also known as (Hindi: Kutki; Tamil: Samai; Telugu: Sama; Kannada: Same; Malayalam: Chama).High fiber levels in millet make for an ideal cholesterol-lowering approach.Millet is a grain that should also be included on your list of heart-healthy choices because of its status as a good source of magnesium.Today we will learn to make Millets Upma kozhukkatai or Millets Undrallu.
- Heat the oil,add mustard seeds, when it splutters add urad dal,Red chillies, & curry leaves.
- When urad dal turns Golden brown colour, add hing, give a quick mix.
- Now add moong dal & 1/2 cup of water. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add 2 cups of water.
- When water starts boiling, drain the water & add samai.Cook in medium flame.
- When water was almost absorbed, add grated Coconut give a quick mix.
- Switch off the flame,when all the water is absorbed.
- When it is warm, grease your hands with oil & hold oval shaped dumpling or as balls, as you desire.
- Then Grease idli plates or steaming plates, arrange kozhukkatai carefully on it & steam cook for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Serve hot with any chutneys.
- I used Samai arisi to make kozhukkatai,you can use varagu,thinai or kuthiraivali millet.
- Soaking the millets gives softness to kozhukkatai.
- Always serve hot, else it becomes dry.