Minapa Undrallu(Uddu Unde) is an Authentic Vysyas Recipe made during occasions like Vinayaka Chavithi & varalakshmi vratham. It is also a healthy and filling dumplings made with Toor dal, urad dal and some spices,so it is packed with proteins.This dumpling is also used as a filling inside kudumulu(kozhukkatai).Also served as a breakfast.
Toor Dal - 1 cup.
Urad Dal - 2 tbsp.
Coconut - 1/2 cup.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Pepper Corns - 1/2 tsp.
Red chillies - 2.
Green Chillies - 2.
salt - to taste.
lemon - 1 (small)
Baking Soda - a Generous Pinch.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Curry leaves - 2 sprig.
Soak the Toor dal + urad dal for 2 hours with needed water.
- Grind Coconut+cumin seeds+Pepper corns+Red chillies +Green chillies + salt into a coarse paste in a mixie or blender.
- Then drain the water, add soaked dal with it , and grind into a little coarse & thick paste, by sprinkling water little by little.
- Add pinch of baking soda and lemon juice to the paste and mix well.
- Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves, and pour the tadka over it.
- Grease the plate,make lemon sized balls,place the balls over the plate & steam cook for 20 minutes. Now Minapa Undrallu is ready.
- Add water little by little to grind, if watery can't hold dumplings.
- Adding baking soda gives softness to dumplings.
- Adding both Red & green chillies gives spiceness to undrallu.
- Add water to the bottom of steamer, when it comes to rolling boil, moderate the flame and place the steamer plate to steam cook.
- you can also use idli mould to steam cook. if u r using cooker to steam cook, not necessary to put the weight.