Oats porridge is made with oats and milk,spiced with chillies,ginger and Garlic. Garnished with peppercorns. Oats stays in your stomach longer, making you feel full longer. You will have less hunger and cravings.Oats are high in fiber.Foods high in soluble fiber may help reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes and may improve the health of people who already have these conditions.
Chop shallots,Green chilly,Ginger and Garlic finely.
- Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add Ginger,garlic and Green chilly.
- Saute till garlic turns golden brown at the edges.
- Add shallots, saute till it turns golden brown,then add oats.
- Saute oats for 2 minutes, till you get light smell of oats.
- Add water, let it cook, till oats becomes soft. it takes 2 - 3 minutes, to cook.Add salt. mix well.
- Then add milk, give a quick stir. Heat till it comes to porridge consistency. (till it comes in the form of thick Soup).Serve hot.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.