Tomato Thokku(Thakkali Chutney) is a Very good Combination for idli,dosa,appam,Chapathi,Parathas, Guntaponganalu,Rice,adai,bonda, Curd rice and Uppu Pindi. Very Easy to prepare and taste will be awesome. Tomatoes make your skin look great.The vitamin K and calcium in tomatoes are both very good for strengthening and repairing bones.Tomatoes are a natural cancer fighter.Lycopene can reduce the risk of several cancers, including prostate, cervical, mouth, pharynx, throat, esophagus, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer. Tomatoes’ antioxidants (vitamins A and C) fight the free radicals which can cause cell damage. Tomatoes are a very good source of chromium, which helps to regulate blood sugar.Now we learn Simple Tomato Pachadi.
Ripe Juicy Tomatoes - 4.
Garlic - 2.(finely Chopped).
salt - as required.
Chilli Powder - 1+ 1/4 tsp.
urad dal - 1/2 tsp.
oil - 1 tbsp.(preferably Sesame oil).
turmeric - 1/8 tsp.
Boil the tomatoes in bowl of hot water, till you get wrinkles in the skin. Then switch of the flame. Remove the skin of tomatoes, Then grind it into a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when it crackles, add urad dal and finely chopped garlic.
- When dals and garlic turns golden brown colour, add tomato puree, chilli powder and turmeric Powder.
- Saute now and then, When tomato puree is almost thick, add salt. Mix well.
- Then add 1 tbsp of oil, saute for few seconds, till oil oozes out and it leaves the sides of kadai and comes out in the form of thick thokku.
- Add salt, after the gravy thickens, else boiling water will Splutters out.
- It serves 3 people. you could make in large quantity and store it in a containter and refrigerate it.
- it is an apt side dish to take for tour.
Tomato Thokku - Easy Tomato Pachadi - Side Dish for idli Dosa Chapathi Rice By Gayathri, Dec 25, 2013 Tomato Thokku