Amarthapalam is an authentic Vysyas Recipes made with rice and tamarind as Main Ingredients.I learnt this recipe from my Grand mother. often we make at our homes. it is some what similar to Pulusu pindi, but the taste,texture and appearence differs in both of it. Now we learn to make Amarthapalam.
Soak the raw rice for at least 3 to 4 hrs or overnight.
- To the soaked raw rice add coconut,red chillies,curry leaves, jaggery, salt, tamarind, now grind the ingredients, with needed water into a coarse paste.consistency be moderate like normal dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters, add chana dal,then add urad dal, then add curry leaves and hing.
- when dals turns golden brown add batter. cook the batter in moderate flame. stir now and then.
- cook until it is well cooked and the dough is not sticky to mouth. it takes nearly 15 - 20 minutes to cook.
- When it is cooked, switch off the flame, and when the dough is warm, take lemon sized dough and make small balls, and pat it as shown in the picture. Repeat for remaining dough also.